Shannon Kathleen Murray
8/18/1979 – 5/20/2018
Shannon was a passionate daughter, sister, friend and co-worker who lived to expand her mind and explore life.
In her personal life she appreciated all things beautiful with nature, the outdoors, and animals in need at the top of her list. She loved rescuing dogs and volunteering in a wolf sanctuary. She was adventurous and excelled at all outdoor sports including snow skiing, white water rafting, horseback riding and rock climbing to name only a few. Shannon loved to travel with Colorado and California, West Virginia, and Costa Rica her favorite places to visit.
Her professional life was dedicated to the healthcare compliance field with auditing as her specialty. Shannon was a voracious reader and a lifelong learner mastering everything she attempted. She was always seeking ways to grow professionally and was particularly excited about the tools that RCCB had added to facilitate passing the RCCB examination. Her next endeavor and personal goal was to achieve her RCC credential this year.
The Shannon Murray Memorial Scholarship was created to honor a remarkable woman who was passionate about her career. It was her aspiration to become a Radiology Certified Coder this year. In remembrance of Shannon, the RCCB will be awarding a scholarship to an individual who would like to further their career and sit for the Radiology Certified Coder (RCC) or Radiology Certified Coder in Interventional Radiology (RCCIR) exam. The scholarship covers the cost of the exam.
You are eligible to apply for the scholarship if you meet one of the following minimum requirements and you have not been excluded from participation in or sanctioned by the Medicare or Medicaid programs, convicted of, or pled guilty or nolo contendere to, a criminal offense involving state or federal health care laws:
- High school diploma or equivalency and one year, full-time radiology coding experience.
- Two years, full-time radiology coding experience.
- Equivalent experience such as teaching in the field.
Scholarship recipients will be required to:
Respond to all requests for information from RCCB
- Follow all directions and rules related to the administration of the certification examination
- Keep the specific examination questions, their wording, and all other exam-related materials confidential.
- Report immediately to RCCB officials any breaches of the examination rules and/or the confidentiality of the examination material
- Make every effort to prepare for the certification process by reviewing the suggested resource materials, taking advantage of various learning experiences and/or courses, and arriving at the testing site prepared to fully participate in the examination
If you feel that your are eligible for one of the annual scholarships, please contact RCCB at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The scholarship is funded by donations. Donations are currently not tax-deductible. To donate to the Shannon Murray Memorial Scholarship Fund, please send your contribution in the form of a check payable to RCCB to:
The Shannon Murray Memorial Scholarship
1964 Gallows Road
Vienna, VA 22182
Or please make your donations online.